Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

no catchy title

Thomas had a break from surgery over the weekend. Hallelujah!  Tomorrow morning, however, he goes in for another wound surgery.  Number 9.

My prayers are for Doctor Hickerson and his team.  I am so thankful for him and that God has brought him on to T's case.  He, as every surgeon we have had so far (Perez, Croce and more), is considered excellent.  I ask still that God guide them every step of the way.  God gave these doctors their healing gifts and I praise Him that Thomas is receiving their treatment, care and skill. 

I pray also that Thomas can stay focused on healing.  I petition God to shield him from anything not of Him.  God has brought him this far through this trial and I know that He will continue this work in Thomas.  Thomas has a faith that can (and kinda has) move mountains...  I pray that his faith is what sustains him tonight and in the coming days.

Our prayer for our kids is that they can see Thomas soon.  Right now, it looks like it could be a while.  Until then, I ask that God just wash over them with peace.  They are really beginning to miss their Dad.  We are praising God that they can at least have occasional phone talks with him!  I pray God will protect my words with them so I can assure and comfort them just as and where they need it.  "Jesus Take the Wheel" here ....

I just want to thank you for your obedience to God through your prayers.  As much as I covet your prayers, HE covets that time with you and that reliance on HIM.  By praying for us and these requests, you are pleasing God and sustaining us. Thank you.

h.i.o.t.t! 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you and your beautiful family are in my prayers. This news rocked my foundation, but I firmly believe in the power of prayer. I am praying for you and Thomas from the bottom of my heart.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie:
    JOanie and I are praying....hard for you and THomas and your whole family

    Bruce and Joanie Walker

    ReplyDelete