Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

yesterday and today

The 'surgery' we waited on all day finally took place last night, at the bedside.  Its really more a 'procedure', I would say than surgery but... the reason they want to do it in the OR is for maximum pain control.  You can deduce then that it is a really unpleasant experience.  Today, I am very thankful for modern medicines and their ability to at least help you forget... and I am talking about Thomas, of course, not me. 

The doctor says his leg looks really great... I think his exact word was "superb'.  How amazing? What a miracle!  God definitely has plans for Thomas.  As I sit here, I am wondering just what those are.  How will He use him? 

I am so thankful to be able to share good news. That's how I know God has plans for us, all of us.   Not everyone visiting patients there has the same blessing.  A sweet lady who's been visiting her son all week in TICU was given very different information.  She is coming to terms with his home going.  We prayed together and she does have a peace about this but her heart is still breaking.  So is mine for her.  She said to me today that her son will make a wonderful angel because he has a beautiful voice. 

Thank you all for reading this.  Thank you for continuing to pray for complete healing for Thomas but also for this Mom who has such a hole in her life now.  My prayer for her is that God fills it with His Holy Spirit. 

4 comments:

  1. Julie, You and your family are in our prayers. If there is anything you need, please let me know.

    Tara Fleming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie

    I think about Tom and you and the kids every day. Tom is getting his strength from you and the kids and getting healthy to be with you. Thanks for the updates and I look forward to seeing you and Tom. Hang in there.

    Fred Blatchford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,

    I ran into Jason and Beverly on Monday and got to talk to them about you and Thomas. To God be the Glory....He certainly has had His hands directly on Thomas. Know that you and the family are constantly in my prayers and Thomas and his Medical Staff top the list. Keep your strength up and take good care of yourself. Thomas and those precious children need YOU.
    Love to you,

    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the updates. I have known
    Tom for several years now (st. francis hospital) and he is a very strong willed person just as you are. Keeping Tom, you and the children in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete