Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

On My Knees

There have been countless gestures, notes, messages, words that have genuinely ministered to us during the past four weeks.  I wouldn't even begin to mention any one specifically because I'd be like Hillary Swank winning her Best Actress Oscar and never remembering to thank her poor husband, Chad Lowe, who sat weeping for her from the front row.  Ugh. 
BUT....
I wanted to share this poem.  It was written by one of my younger friends early on in this battle.  It is just precious and beautiful.  I am so proud FOR her, for her faith and her knowing where to turn when she had concerns. 
Here it goes...

On My Knees....

Good night and sleep tight I say,
For tomorrow is a brand, new day.
A day in which Joy could come,
And relieve all our sadness and glum.

We hope Mr. Thomas will heal,
To our Lord we shall kneel.
(thats the part where I get goose bumps)
Because tomorrow is a day that is new,
And our prayers could come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment