Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

duh....

I'm usually never far from the butt end of a blonde joke.  Still, I often even surprise myself with the moments I can have.  Yesterday, after being gone into 'hydro' for an extended period of time, I became anxious and then was shocked to learn the doctors were trying to rule out blood clots. Blood clots, even before this, have always been something that frightened me, but, I digress...  
Blood clots are common for someone who has been basically bedridden for four weeks.  Duh.

Turns out, he appears not to have any.  Hallelujah and Amen! :)

Monday, November 8, marks exactly one month that we made our debut at the Memphis Regional Medical Center.  Unbelievable.  Monday also now marks the day skin graft surgery is planned.  Here are my prayers:
  • That the decision to do the surgery on Monday will be the right day, by God's timing.  Neither too early or too late.  If it is too early, I pray everyone involved will clearly know that and make the wise decision to wait. 
  • I earnestly pray for Dr. Bill Hickerson who is our surgeon.  I pray over his hands, his mind, his heart, his schedule, his rest, his family and his general state of mind that day.  
  • I pray for Thomas.  I pray he is filled with peace and confidence.  I pray that God will just supernaturally, as only HE could do, remove any fear or worry... that Thomas can enter into that surgery with a keen awareness of the angels hovering over him, of his Father at his side.
  • I  pray Thomas will be perfectly protected from ANY complications.  I petition God for the blessing of not ONE SINGLE hangup.  Now, I pray God's Will be done... but I am boldly asking that from here on out we go with out a bump.  Not one. 
  • I pray that the pain we've been so warned about after surgery will be reasonably controlled.  (Girls, think of the times you were using a new razor and you 'skinned' your shin bone or ankle.  I just did that as a matter of fact.  It hurts and that is what we've been told his harvest site will feel like.)
  • I pray that I will be strong, peaceful, trusting, fearless because I know this is all in God's hands. 
  • I pray that I can provide Thomas will just the right words or actions for comfort at just the right time. 
Now I praise...
  • I praise that God is the Great Physician.
  • I praise that we know HIM.
  • I praise Him for The Med. (And I will Praise Him when WE are pulling out of that parking lot for the last time!)
  • I praise that he chose our family and our friends to be used by His Holy Spirit to lift us up.
  • I praise Him for those family members and friends who have given and given of time, energy, thought and deed.  They have sat with us, prayed for us, let us cry, made us laugh, brought us food, stocked our supplies, written beautiful notes, touched our hearts and shown their own faithfulness and obedience to "Love one another..." I will never, ever have the words to really express my gratitude.  We love you.  We love you.
  • I praise for everything that has happened so far because it has shown us His mighty power, His grace, His love and His desire to hold us in His hands. 
  • I praise Him for my husband... that HE, and HE really did, orchestrate us divinely 'bumping' into each other about 18 years ago in a hospital (the irony) parking lot in Texarkana, Texas.  God gave me a gift that day in the form of a handsome, hardworking, south Alabama boy who liked my green suit.  Duh. It was a great suit. 
Thank you for reading this and caring about my family.  Thank you for your prayers.  I covet them especially now as we enter into this surgery on Monday. 

HIOTT!,
jcm

2 comments:

  1. I just told you this on the phone...but I'm going to say it again anyway. You have the right to be anxious, scared, mad, or frustrated anytime you want. Even over a blood clot that is typical in T's situation!! Probable or not, blood clots are scary and you can cry and feel fearful over it. Can I get an AMEN?

    Its posting Roddy's name again...but this is Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, yes you can get an amen! Cause I agree but does it count if its from me?

    ReplyDelete