Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

battles and wars

To: Mullins, JulieSent: Monday, November 08, 2010 11:42 PM
How does that saying go.... something about "You can win the battle and still lose the war"?  That sounds right but, if it was something that was covered in history class, I wasn't paying attention, if I was there at all!   However...I am trying NOT to think of that quote, if I did get it right. I wanna win both.    
We won a battle today!  The grafting surgery went well.  The wound was covered/closed in one surgery which is a huge praise. We pray that in the next 36 or so crucial hours, everything
stays successful with that.  The reason we won is because God answered our prayers.  But, like a battle that youve' seen on television or in a good movie... the minute its over, the victor doesn't often relax oimmediately, they turn around to see whats next, they look over their shoulder. 
 
I'm doing that.  I'm looking.  I am thankful for the victory and preparing for whats next.  
Whats next are just more risks of complications.  Don't misunderstand me... I am not losing faith nor am I being ungrateful for what God has done.  I am just aware now that there is almost always something else getting ready to pick a fight. 
 
A friend of ours shared something with me tonight from Charles STanley.  Its his HALT acronym.  Whenever we are Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired... we are at our most vulnerable.  Satan is at his peak to pounce when we are in any (or all) of those states.  Aside from Lonely... we got 'em covered here at The Med.   You can arm yourself during these times, I have discovered by praying the word of God.  A friend of mine hand wrote some favorite verses and sent them to me all the way from Minnesota.  I have frayed the pages by running them through my hands, reciting them and claiming their promises.  It makes a difference.  Trust me.
 
So, while its my priviledge and joy to sit beside the bed that contains my snoring husband who is completley kaboshed on pain control meds (Thank the Lord!) ... And, while I do know the only reason that I am sitting beside the bed is the because of the grace of God.  I am looking over my shoulder.  I know something could else could be next.  I just have to find the balance between being a reasonable 'patient advocate' and coming to a HALT!! 
 I know this post isn't as uplifting as some of my others.  I just think right now, this one is more for my records and reflection. "better out than in" :)
 
Thank you for caring for my family and for your amazing support and prayer coverage. 
 
No matter whats coming next,what battle,  I DO KNOW STILL AND ALWAYS...
 
HIOTT
 
and we will win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment