Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Home

Home.  Have you, in a while, stopped to really think about what that means to you?  We have.  We have had 42 days to think about home....

Home is:
the place where our kids are
the place where our parents, mine and T's, moved in to help (and help they did)
the place our family makes better and warmer and richer
the place where the mess is ours
the place where we created memories
the place where we are familiar
the place where we are in charge
the place where we are comfortable
the place where our friends come and are welcome and treasured
the place we long for
the place where we are about to celebrate Thanksgiving
the place where our love lives and our story goes on...

Home is where you can't wait to be when you think you can't get there.

Home is where my husband said today to the Fellow over the burn unit... you have to get me there.
And he did. 
42 days after a shocking admission to The Med, we were released. 
We were released as better people, I most certainly hope.   On the drive home, Thomas and I both said that we hope we are forever changed.  I think we are.  How could we not be?  But, we don't want to ever lose the urgency of the faith we have.  We don't want to ever forget what it is to witness a miracle.  We dont' want to ever take for granted a single day of our lives, we don't want to forget that the most valuable and precious things we have are right here.... at home.

Thomas has still some mighty hard work to do.  However, tonight to be at home, in his house, nothing else much matters.

To you all who are reading this.  Thank you.  Thank you for ... caring for my family, for praying for us and with us.  You have been part of a God ordained miracle.  I hope you are as blessed as we are for it.   I mean this with all my heart... we love you.

HIOTT....
Julie, Thomas, Mary-Carter and Reed Mullins
Live, from ...home  :)

6 comments:

  1. I am thrilled beyone words for ya'll. God is so sweet to allow Thomas to be home before Thanksgiving. I hope we can see pictures of the kids faces when ya'll came in the door, I bet they are priceless. Enjoy some family time!
    Love ya'll!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna, You are such a faithful and sweet support to us. I have appreciated your words so much....
    God is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I have been checking the blog daily and I was hoping the silence was a sign that you and Thomas were busy, busy getting better!! And busy you were:) GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!!! I will still be praying for continual healing. Much love to you and your family:) xoxo, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie & Thomas, this is such wonderful news. I'm so happy for both of you, but especially for Reed and Mary-Carter. I would love to have seen their faces when their father came through the door for the first time after 42 days of being away. Makes me tear up thinking about it. I'm sure Thomas has a lot of PT ahead, but he's conquered in the last 42 days, that should be a "piece of cake". We continue to pray for a complete recovery for Thomas. What a wonderful and special Thanksgiving this will be at the Mullins house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie Prayer and Faith work miracles everyday in our lives. Recognizing the miracle brings you joy and strength. You and Thomas are blessed because you share your miracle. It gives others hope. I am grateful and thankful for your friendship and blessed to know you. There is work ahead but you are never alone! He will always be with you. Have a wonderful Thankgiving! Lots to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Julie and Tom,

    What a blessing that you were able to spend Thanksgiving at home. Even though we aren't physically there to wrap our arms around you, please consider yourselves hugged from the Walenta Crew. We have steadily prayed for you and your family is never far from our thoughts. You truly are a testament. There is no doubt in my mind that y'all have increased people's faith and made people more aware to NEVER take your life for granted. Each and every day is a blessing! Thank you so much for keeping this blog where we can all keep up with your progress. Love and Blessings! Shanda

    ReplyDelete